Power of Less Tips of The Day
Leo Babauta is offering a Tip of the Day through Twitter — powerful tips to help you focus on the essential and get to less.
The tips so far:
- Don’t make resolutions, create a new habit. It lasts longer. Try the New Year’s Challenge.
- Start your New Year with a clear desk. Clear everything off the top of the desk but the essential tools.
- Set one major goal for this year. Focus yourself completely into making it happen. Make it a mantra.
- Take action TODAY to make your One Goal happen. Even a small action. Tomorrow: repeat.
- Schedule time for yourself, right now. Every day if possible, even if it’s just 10 mins.
- Practice effective focus. Spend 30 minutes just focusing on one task. Clear distractions. It gets easier.
- Realize that you don’t need to respond to email right away-no one expects you to. It can wait! Checking email just twice a day is possible if you let go of the need to respond immediately.
- To relax during times of stress or chaos, focus on 10 breaths. Pay attention as each breath comes in, and out.
- Limit emails you send to reduce the flow and time spent on email. Try choosing just 5 essential msgs to send. (Or whatever number works best for you.)
- Try 30 min patience sessions: don’t get mad or impatient with anyone/anything. It gets easier with practice.
- To experience amazing levels of productivity, disconnect from the Internet for an hour.
- Learn to be in the moment. When you eat, just eat. You’ll enjoy life more.
- Make one small change in your diet at a time. Much easier than making a drastic overhaul of your diet.
- Positive public pressure is a huge motivator. Tell as many people as possible about a goal or habit change.
- If you spend a lot of time fiddling with your to-do/productivity app, try a simple notebook or text file. Then focus on doing.
Follow Leo on Twitter today to receive the daily tips!